If the methods for collecting or using information change, Decathlon will announce the updated policy on this website. You may pay attention to the revision date first above written, to see whether this policy has been changed.
In case of any questions about this policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us by the contact details provided in the section of “How to contact Decathlon?”.
- Which information is collected by Decathlon?
- How will Decathlon use my personal information?
- Will Decathlon share my personal information with a third party?
- How may I access or change my personal information?
- How may I receive the promotional materials?
- How to contact Decathlon?
Which information is collected by Decathlon?
When you log in the website of Decathlon, visit our physical outlets, order online or purchase products from our physical outlets, save personal information on the website of Decathlon, contact us for solving problems and participate in prized events, promotional events or surveys, Decathlon or a third-party service provider may collect your following personal information via Google Analytics and/ or other tools: name, Email address, postal address, phone number, gender, birthday, interests, etc. For the products that you are interested in and that you purchase online and from our outlets, Decathlon will keep records for them. We may combine all above information with your personal information we get from marketing partners, an independent third party and other Decathlon’s brands.
In some cases, if you fail to provide some personal information, you will not enjoy all functions of the website of Decathlon. For example, if you provide insufficient information, we will not deal with you order or arrange delivery.
How will Decathlon use my personal information?
Decathlon and a third-party service provider may use your personal information for:
- Dealing with and executing your order, including sending Emails to confirm your order status and deliveries;
- Contacting you by Emails, letters, phone calls, messages or otherwise to convey information about Decathlon’s products, services, prized events and promotional events, unless you have instructed Decathlon not to send any promotional materials;
- Guiding and completing the prized events and the promotional events of Decathlon;
- Helping Decathlon know more about your shopping preferences;
- Helping us solve the problems on the website design, products and services and then improve them;.
- Improving your shopping experience;
- Analyzing the trend and statistic data;
- Protecting the security or integrity of Decathlon’s website and business;
- Contacting you when necessary.
You may choose not to receive the marketing information or answer the phone call.
Will Decathlon share my personal information with a third party?
Under the following cases, Decathlon may share your personal information:
- Decathlon may share your personal information with other companies both in and outside China of Decathlon Group.
- We may share your personal information with suppliers managing Decathlon’s customer information and providing services on behalf of Decathlon (for example: operating and maintaining E-commerce website, completing the promotional events, sending information to customers, making surveys and distributing products). Decathlon does not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your personal information for the purposes other than the ones indicated in the part “How will Decathlon use my personal information?”.
- We may share your personal information with another company with which Decathlon provide customers with products and services or carry out prized events or promotional events.
- Under the premise of integrity judgment, Decathlon may share your personal information (if necessary), to meet the requirements of laws and regulations, to respond to the effective summons, orders or government demands, or to protect the rights of Decathlon or others.
- If Decathlon or any of its business is sold or merged, the customers’ personal information or other information collected by Decathlon in accordance with this policy may become part of the sold business assets.
How may I access or change my personal information?
You may check and change your personal information (such as name and contact details) kept in Decathlon’s online website. To access you personal information, you only need to log in your personal account with your ID and password. And then you may edit you personal information from account materials. Please do not hesitate to contact us by sending Email to [ ] if you need some help.
How may I receive the promotional materials?
We will contact you only when you wish to receive the information from Decathlon. You may contact our customer service clerks by the contact details provided in the part “How to contact Decathlon?” if you don’t wish to receive the promotional information (such as information about special offer and promotional events).
Decathlon will take care of you requirements as soon as possible. In the course of taking care of you requirements, you may still receive the information from Decathlon.
If you change you mind, you may access Decathlon’s website, log in personal online account to change your personal option, so as to subscribe the promotional materials again.
Note: When you do some shopping online, we will send Emails continuously to confirm your order status and deliveries. We may also contact you by phone calls, Emails or regular mails for the problems and information related to the orders.
Decathlon uses “cookies” on its website-----the data file with small capacity stored in you computer when you log in some website. Cookies enables you to do shopping on Decathlon’s website more conveniently; besides, it has other various purposes which may enhance or personalize your online browse and shopping experience.
For example, we may, with cookies, help you use the website’s specific functions, remember the goods in your shopping cart, save you preference, recognize you next time when you access Decathlon’s website, track your order, and monitor and maintain your information about accessing Decathlon’s website. (Refer to the part “Will Decathlon share my personal information with a third party?”)
You may set you browser to be without receiving cookies, or we may remind you when sending a cookies for you to decide whether to receive cookies or not. However, you may not access you account information or purchase goods from Decathlon’s website if you reject cookies.
How to contact Decathlon?
If you have any questions about this policy or wish to learn how to receive Decathlon’s promotional materials, please don’t hesitate to contact us by sending Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.