Failure to supply personal data may result in the Company being unable to provide service, supply products and open or maintain your member account.
“Company”means Decathlon Hong Kong Company Limited
“PDPO”means the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486
“Affiliates”means any company, entity or person which-:
- (i) is owned by, or controlled by, or under the common control of, a company which owns or controls the Company; and
- (ii) owns, controls or jointly controls the Company.
Information that the Company Collects
From time to time the Company collect any personal data that you may provide about yourself in any conversation history of our communications with you and other personal data including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, social media account, account that you have logged onto with any browser you have used, date of birth, height and weight, gender and payment information such as credit card information. The Company may collect geolocation data but only with your permission and you can change this via your web browser.
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are as follows:-
- 1. providing you with goods and services;
- 2. processing your orders of goods and services;
- 3. managing your access and authentication;
- 4. prioritising your preferences and your orders in respect of goods and services and improving our services;
- 5. receiving your payment;
- 6. delivering goods and supplying services;
- 7. performing the Company’s obligations from any contracts entered into between you and the Company;
- 8. providing you with order progress notifications;
- 9. issuing invoices for your orders;
- 10. conducting due diligence processes;
- 11. conducting research and statistical analyses;
- 12. managing product recalls due to safety or any other reasons;
- 13. answering your questions feedback and requests;
- 14. allowing you to participate in any interactive features of the Company’s websites and apps;
- 15. creating improving reviewing modifying maintaining and administering goods services websites apps and payment and logistics processes;
- 16. detecting and preventing misuse or abuse of the Company’s websites apps goods and services; and
- 17. purposes relating thereto.
Cookies are data that is collected from your computer device whilst you visit a website. Collection of cookies may allow websites and apps to recognise your computer device. Thus, this function is useful to the extent it may allow you to surf websites and apps efficiently and provide you with better surfing experience due to recording your surfing and shopping preferences, personalising your surfing experience, evaluating activities on the Company’s websites and apps and making the same more accessible.
The Company may collect your IP address, browsing records, browser settings, and other information in connection with your Internet log. This may be shared with third-party providers of data analysis which inter alia will allow us to make product recommendations to you based on your browsing behaviour.
You may refuse and/or disallow the Company’s use of your cookies anytime by modifying your own computer browser. The result may be that you may not use certain functions that the Company’s websites or apps provide.
With Whom Your Personal Data Will Be Shared
In order to provide you with goods or services you have requested, for instance, in the event that such goods or services are not provided by the Company, the Company may share your personal data provided that the Company has a legitimate interest in so doing, for instance, to manage risk, verify your identity or combat fraud or abuse of the Company’s websites apps goods or services.
The Company may share your personal data with other companies, entities and persons including, but not limited to, the Affiliates, any of the Company or the Affiliates’ goods suppliers and third-party service providers, anyone else whose goods and services you have requested, anyone who provides outsourced services including but not limited to administrative, marketing, research, distribution, cloud platforms, cloud storage, web hosting, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to or support the operation of the Company including without limitation direct marketing activities, anyone to whom the Company is under an obligation to disclose information or where it is in the public interest, for instance to prevent or detect fraud or abuse of the Company’s websites apps goods or services.
In the event that you have given your consent, the Company may use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Your personal data includes:-
your name, address, telephone number, email address, transaction pattern, location, demographic data and your use of the Company’s websites, apps and kiosks from time to time, whether through cookies or otherwise.
Direct marketing includes:-
sending promotional materials to you and conducting direct marketing activities in respect of the Company, its goods and services and the availability of sports, outdoor activities, adventures and competitions.
If you do not wish the Company to use your personal data for use in direct marketing as set out above, you may exercise your right to opt out anytime. You may contact the Company by sending a letter to Decathlon Hong Kong Company Limited, Unit 2201-06, 22/F., 700 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state “Opting out of Direct Marketing” on the envelope or email subject.
Access to Personal Data
- (i) You have a right to request access to and correction of your personal data in accordance with the PDPO.
- (ii) You should make your access request by completing the Data Access Request Form specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data under s.67 of the PDPO. The Form will be provided to you upon request.
- (iii) Your right to request access to your personal data is subject to the Company’s right to collect reasonable fees in accordance with the PDPO.
Inquiries concerning your personal data, including making access and corrections, should be addressed to the Company (Address: Decathlon Hong Kong Company Limited, Unit 2201-06, 22/F., 700 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon; Email: email@example.com). Please also state “Inquiry about Personal Information” on the envelop or email subject.
Updated on 21st June 2021