What's zero drop?
The drop of a shoe is the difference in sole height between the forefoot and the heel. Scientific studies conducted by our research lab (the SportsLab) have shown that a zero drop allows for a more natural stride, similar to a barefoot running stride. This natural stride allows for better absorption of shock waves when running and strengthens your kid's muscles and tendons in the long term.
What about the natural stride?
In order to make the stride natural and as similar as possible to running barefoot, the FLEX RUN shoe uses the following 4 criteria:
- A zero drop and flexibility, so that the middle of the foot strikes the ground first, rather than the heel
- Low weight for a smoother stride
- An anatomical shape to reduce the stresses of the shoe on the foot
Result: the energy from the ground contact is transmitted to the muscles at the back of the legs, which absorb vibrations better.
A design chosen for kids... and based on parents' feedback.
For these shoes, our team focused on the needs of budding athletes and feedback from their parents:
- The full-length rubber contact patch increases grip
- The laces and straps effectively hold your kid's feet in place
- Reinforcements in the front and back of the upper offer your child greater support and protection.
Why choose a breathable shoe for your child?
SportsLab, our research laboratory revealed that the feet of children sweat a lot more than those of adults, during sports.
That's why all the running shoes are designed with a breathable fabric on the upper (mesh) in order to eliminate perspiration more effectively and prevent unpleasant odours. This material, which is lighter than faux leather, is more comfortable and lighter for running!