What are 0 drop shoes?
On shoes, the drop is the height difference between the front and rear of the sole. Scientific studies led by our research laboratory (SportsLab) has demonstrated that a 0 drop gives a more natural stride, similar to running barefoot. This natural stride helps your child better absorb the impacts of running and strengthens their tendons and muscles over time.
What about the natural stride?
To encourage a natural stride that's as close as possible to running barefoot, the Flex Run shoe is based around 4 criteria:
- Zero drop and good flexibility so that the midfoot contacts the floor first, rather than the heel.
- A low weight for a smoother stride
- An anatomical shape to limit the amount that the shoe restricts the foot
The result is that, when you contact the floor, the energy is transferred to the muscles at the back of the leg, which are better at absorbing vibrations
Designed for kids...based on their parents' feedback.
Our team designed these shoes around the needs of young athletes and feedback from their parents:
- The rubber patches all along the sole make it grippier
- The laces and strap ensure that your child's foot is correctly supported
- The reinforcements at the front and rear of the upper provide extra support and protection
Why choose shoes that let your child's feet breathe?
Our research laboratory, SportsLab, has shown that kids' feet sweat much more than adults' during exercise.
This is why all of our running shoes are made with breathable fabric (mesh) on the upper. It wicks away perspiration and stops unpleasant odours from developing. This fabric, which is lighter than synthetic leather, is more comfortable for running!