This fleece has a fitted cut, without being too close to the body. We recommend you wear a high-tech base layer underneath, in direct contact with the skin, for superior protection from the cold. It was also designed to be worn just underneath our windproof/waterproof jackets, like the women's MH100 jacket for example.
Choose your usual size.
OUR ECO-DESIGN RESPONSIBILITY
Here at Decathlon, we know that our production and distribution activities have a big impact on the environment, so we have a responsibility to act. Nothing is perfect, but using recycled polyester to make the material of this fleece means we can avoid using new petroleum-based resources. Waste is transformed into resources that can be used again. We are working in parallel on other levers to further reduce our impact.
HOW DOES THE MATERIAL PROVIDE INSULATION FROM THE COLD?
The purpose of the fleece component is to trap air thanks to the volume created by its texture (qualified as 'brushed' when it consists of loops); this air acts as a natural insulator, keeping the body warm.
HOW IS WARMTH MEASURED?
2 types of tests are performed to measure the warmth level of our fleeces:
- a fabric test
- a test on a thermal mannequin in a thermal chamber. We reproduce the temperature, wind (5km/h) and humidity conditions that you will encounter in the mountains during a 5km/h walk
These tests allow us to validate our design choices, and everything is then validated by field testers.
This fleece has a comfort temperature between 7 and 10°C (without a jacket on top).
HOW DO YOU TEST DURABILITY?
We test the ageing of our hiking fleeces to guarantee their durability. We guarantee:
- the backpack's resistance to abrasion and arm movements, in order to delay pilling
- the strength of the seams
- the durability of the fleece material after washing
- colour fastness to washing, UV light or contact with perspiration