OUR ENVIRONMENTAL APPROACH
Because we are aware that we must act to preserve our playground, Quechua is committed to limiting the environmental impact of its products.
Today, this product is not eco-designed, but we work every day to make it more responsible: eco-design, repairability and sustainability are at the heart of our developments.
Product design: our expertise
Our Quechua global design centre is based in Passy, at the foot of Mont-Blanc in Haute Savoie.
This location makes it a real meeting place for our teams (designers, product managers, engineers, etc) and outdoor sports enthusiasts.
A great asset for designing your mountain walking products and providing you with all our expertise.
SOLE WITH GRIP
The grip of our soles is certified.
To be awarded certification, the boots must pass laboratory tests to assess the grip rate on different surfaces (Smooth, Rugged, Dry, Wet). To validate these tests, we assess the quality of our soles in the field, in the mountains, by a panel of representative testers over 500 km
Which size should I select?
The most important thing is to try on several sizes and styles of boots to find the one most suited to you!
You can take a size above your usual one to prevent the toes from bumping into the toe box when going downhill, provided the foot is properly supported to avoid friction.
Tip: keep your toenails short and, before a long descent, check that your lacing is tight enough to prevent your foot from sliding forwards inside the boot.
BUYING TIPS / HOW DO YOU TRY YOUR BOOTS ON?
Some Decathlon stores have a test route.
1. Try on both shoes, standing up, with the socks worn for hiking. 2. Tighten the laces, taking care to correctly balance the tightening.
3. Check two points:
- the heel does not come up before the boot when you walk uphill.
- the foot does not slide and the toes do not press against the front when going downhill.
4. Try on several sizes and models.
Break them in gradually to adapt them to your foot.
HOW DO YOU AVOID BLISTERS?
Blisters generally develop when the skin is weakened by friction. In order to prevent them from occurring, we recommend the following:
- Choose a boot in your size (consult the size guide)
- Wear the right type of socks
- Lace up and tighten your boots properly
- When you wear your boots for the first time, keep the outing short
This boot is fitted with the EVOFIT concept. With its stretch materials and specific design for the area of the foot where the joints are located, EVOFIT technology allows the boot to perfectly fit the shape of your foot.