RECOVERY | HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MASSAGER FOR YOUR NEEDS ?
If you do lots of sports or suffer from work-related shoulder, neck or muscle pain, massagers can help to relieve soreness.
Take a look at our comprehensive range of massage products and discover how they can reduce muscle pain!
WHY SHOULD I USE A MASSAGER TO RELIEVE MUSCLE PAIN?
People with busy office jobs often fail to do enough stretching exercises. Sitting for long periods in an office or while working at home can cause muscle fatigue or discomfort, such as neck and shoulder pain, frozen shoulder and back pain.
Professional athletes and people who do lots of sports often experience muscle pain after strenuous exercise. This is due to the lactic system, which helps to provide additional energy to the muscles.
Lactic acid is produced during this process, which causes muscle soreness. Lactic acid usually returns to normal levels within one hour after exercise, but muscle pain does not start until around 12 hours later (known as “Delayed-onset muscle soreness”).
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to prevent the onset of muscle soreness or pain, consider using one of the following massage products:
Massage guns feature a massage head which vibrates at a high frequency.
The vibrations penetrate deep into the muscles, which helps to relax the muscle tissue, improve circulation and eliminate soreness.
If you’re looking for a portable option, check out this mini massage gun!
- Weighing less than 500g, it is ideal for on-the-go use, such as during long journeys.
Tips for using a massage gun
Follow the tips below to get the most out of your massage gun!
1. Application area:
- Massage guns are designed for massaging the muscles, and should not be used on the nerves, lymph glands, chest, abdomen or armpits.
2. Application time:
- Do not use the massage gun on the same area for more than 5 minutes, as this may damage the muscle tissue.
- Massage guns are not suitable for some individuals! This includes children and elderly people with weak muscles or bones, and people with injured muscle tissue.
Massage tool set (massage roller, massage ball and massage stick)
The set includes 3 different massage tools for massaging different muscle groups.
1. Massage roller:
- For massaging large muscle groups, such as the back, shoulders, glutes, thighs and calves.
2. Massage ball:
- For massaging the shoulders, back and other hard-to-reach spots.
3. Massage stick:
- Suitable for different body shapes and parts of the body.
Other ways to prevent or relieve muscle pain
In addition to strenuous exercise, muscle pain can also be caused by improper posture.
As well as using a massage gun, the following methods can help to relieve soreness and pain:
1. Do more stretching exercises:
- This is particularly important for people who spend long periods sitting at an office desk! Try to stretch your muscles at regular intervals to help them relax and prevent stiffness.
- Get into a good habit of stretching and do each exercise for 20 to 30 seconds.
2. Warm up before exercising (dynamic stretching)
- Warm up before each workout session to enhance elasticity and prevent stiffness. Doing a proper warm-up helps to reduce the risk of injury.
3. Consume carbohydrates and protein
- Replenishing your energy levels after exercising helps to reduce the risk of injury and prevent the loss of protein from your muscles.
- Consume a nutritious, high-protein snack within 30 minutes after finishing your workout, such as a banana, roast chicken breast, potatoes, milk or unsweetened soy milk.